Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Transom shots?

Re: Transom shots?

My wife kept the name chosen by her late sister in law who was a former co-owner of our boat. Myself, I'm often thinking anyone in a bigger Hatt is saying 'I don't think so' when they read our name. After having owned her for a year, our first boat, I sometimes envision "Kneadswerk" as a good name.
    Attached Images

Craig did you mean kneeds work? LOL
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Craig did you mean kneeds work? LOL
    Nooo, "kneed" is what one gets when making purchases at WM that are not on sale.

You got that right.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

the family had a sorta meeting to name her no body like anything till someone said we three can not decide on anything.IMG_0099.jpgIMG_0012.jpg

Love ❤️ both of them. One of the best ones I ever saw was called cirrhosis of the river.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I bought this 43' Double Cabin in 2015 and changed the name on the documentation but never removed the old name from the boat. We were boarded by the Coast Guard recently and instructed to get it done... So last week I did.

Where did the name come from? My wife didnt want he name on the boat so "Miss Laura" and "Laura Jean", were out. I made the money to buy the boat with New Orleans real estate... and my wifes last name is Berben, so "Bourbon Street" seemed a no brainer

2017-11-30 12.03.29.jpg

Always great to read why people name their yachts the way they do. Great story.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by MarioG View Post
    Here's one from our naming ceremony.

Wasn't that before 2008? I remember the renaming ceremony at NNH, when was that?

Since someone revived this fun old thread, here is my transom shot with the first engine being lifted onboard yesterday
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Trvia: looks like they took the owners address off the NOAA documented vessel search. So a little bit of privacy.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381