Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Transom shots?

Re: Transom shots?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    hey byron, how was your trip to the east? where were you tied up for that transom shot? i cant figure it out from the photo. we are haeded to destin for memorial day weekend, hope we can get together. bigbill

Bill, That pic was taken while tied up for the night at "The Dock" in Slidell, LA. The next morning when I crossed under I-10 is when you spotted me during your commute and called my cell! That was so cool!

The trip was fantastic. We stayed at the Maritime Museum dock in Biloxi that night and eased over to Orange Beach the next day. We are staying in Orange Beach for one month then to Destin for a month unless we are still having fun we may stay the second month here as well. SO many places to explore and waterfront restaurant/bars to frequent on the little boat around here but lots of skinny water to keep me on my toes. This is one of those times I almost wish I had outboards to trim up instead of the inboards.

Let me know what day you're headed over and we'll get together.

Here's two.......
    Attached Images
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

Here's the second one......
    Attached Images
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

Gotta get in on this action.
    Attached Images

THe name is a Pennsyvania Dutch nickname for my daughter. Its large cause the LRC goes 7-8 knots so we get passed alot. And its offset for the ladder.
    Attached Images

There was a guy at our yard up north who named his boat " JACKS OFF" of course his name was Jack. We never figured out if he did it intentionaly or by acident?

Brian

Polarizer before makeover

Before and after. Should have one with the new lettering soon

After
    Attached Images
    Last edited by George; 05-14-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Stop aboard anytime and meet the "FIRST" ..... better known as Admiral.
    Attached Images
    Byron Smith
    1985 53 EDMY “Second Princess”

Here is the transom shot from our 31 express. Black letters with grey highlight match the canvas and vinyl. Mad comes from being crazy for buying another boat. My first was a penn yan which had me re-coring decks, changing aluminum tanks, and replacing SW cooled engines. She was in great shape by the time my second daughter showed up and the boat became too small. (Now the Ol hatteras has an aluminum tank thanks to uncle sam.)
    Attached Images
    Bill

1971 58YF Sea Catsle
    Attached Images