Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Transom shots?

Transom shots?

I would like to start a new thread by requesting photos of various members transoms. I will be renaming my boat sometime soon, and have been very impressed with the member's clever names, interesting font treatments, and occasionally logos or figures. Time to show 'em off!

Also, it might be a nice exercise for getting up to speed for image posting--if I can help with any issues, PM me.

(Smoothmove--I gotta see that most excellent image on your boat!!)

DAN

Re: Transom shots?

Sure! I just took a transom shot of my boats last week when we were headed east. Nothing too fancy here, just engine turned gold over black on Sweet Melissa and basic black for the little boat.
    Attached Images

Elizabeth Nicole ia a rather long name. But I've had many compliments. When the transom door is open only Elizabeth shows up. I used scrap vinyl and messed with it till I got it just right then we cut it, used a gold leaf vinyl and a black drop shadow.

garyd
    Attached Images
    Have Fun Boating

The reel was made from taking a picture of a Penn 50W and you can actually see the screws the detail was great. It is losing some after 8 years now.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Sorry, nothing too fancy here:

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Sky, where's your hailing port? I thought USCG documented vessels were required to have the hailing port in minimum 4" tall letters. I like the font. That new RIB looks fantastic up there too!

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    Sky, where's your hailing port? I thought USCG documented vessels were required to have the hailing port in minimum 4" tall letters. I like the font. That new RIB looks fantastic up there too!
    Ahh, good eye, Byron. The answer is that she is not documented. I thought about putting a hailing port on, but I tend to move around quite a bit. Surprisingly, I've spent the last four summers at the same marina. Maybe I'll have to add it.
    Sky Cheney

Great thread...without being too nosey...would love to hear how you all came up with your names for your boats...came with the boat, named after someone special, whatever...once we get the boat, we will have to learn about the renaming ceremonies and such...thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Laurie & Jim

When I was a kid, I remember a guy in our marina named Art and he had an old wooden Pacemaker. I asked him about the name on her and I got a long speech about how a boat should always be named after your first daughter. He was an old Navy man and he was a real salt. I never forgot that and I named my boat after my only daughter, Rebecca.
    Sky Cheney

ditto
    Have Fun Boating