What dia. blade do you use and what width. You write of surface feed per minute but you don't mention what dia. of blade you use. The amount of teeth and size also make a big difference in the SFPM. Chip size is very important. The temperature of the plastic I have found does make a difference in the amount of chipping. I cut just fast enough to prevent any melting. I have also found that the sharper the cutting tool the more the tool will grab and dig into the work. I cut, bent and drilled the wind shield for my fly bridge last spring out of 1/4 stock. I didn't say my way was the best. I only said that was the way I did it. I was a machining engineer for years. I also sand the edges to remove any tool marks before flame finishing. Good thread Luckydave. I will try your ideas the next time I cut plastic. I use a heat gun and bend the plastic over a wood form covered with a clean cloth. You must remove the protective paper where you are bending. It does not stretch. But ONLY in the area you are bending. There is always that better mouse trap.

BILL