Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Pacemaker V/s Hatteras

There is a later 70's vintage Pacemaker yacht in our marina that is a 55 footer. I have noticed much of the hardware, doors, etc are the same items used on our 53' Hatteras. Is anyone aware of anyone specializing in Pacemaker parts? It may be another source for obsolete items that are no longer available through our normal sources. I would also be interested in knowing of any larger Pacemakers being salvaged.

Re: Pacemaker V/s Hatteras

I doubt anyone specializes in Pacemaker parts. Like a lot of Jersey boats, they bought most of their hardware from Buck Algonquin. Buck is still in business.

3. Pacemaker V/s Hatteras

Comparing Pacemaker and Hatteras is, well, bordering on the sacrilegious!!!! (Did I spell that correctly???)

Anyway, I don't want rumors started saying Pacemakers and Hatteras are basically the same because they share some accessories/appendages. Cease and desist I say!!!!

Actually, I hate to admit it, I looked at a few 48 Pacemakers, double cabins I guess they were called, with cockpits I think, with DD down on the jersey shore some years ago and rather liked the layouts as I recall...but the two were pretty beat up....so I passed....

Later I looked at a Pace 48 Sportfish from the early '70's and liked the lines quit a bit...I think that had 8V71's...maybe turbos, anyway, a nice boat but not my style interior finishings with gally up....
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Pacemaker was a sister co. to Egg Harbor. Ok boats but not a Hatt. I love the lines of the old wood ones but hated the care. They could have been built a little stronger...
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

As someone who owned a new 1974 Pacemaker fiberglass boat, let me assure anyone who may have the slightest thought that they share anything in common with a Hatteras, they do not. Pacemaker was about the least expensive boat that you could buy and there was no doubt as to how they did it once you got to know it. My next boat was a Hatteras, and all I have owned since. In my opinion, an old Pacemaker, is just looking for problems. I sold mine after 3 years and was so glad to get away from it. Just my opinion, but check with other former owners and you will be sure to get a similar opinion. Get a Hatteras and sleep better.

Pete