Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Boat Building 101

There was a guy building a 40 ft cat sail boat here and had been working on it for better than 5 years. Looked great. He died and the family just chain sawed the hulls. The hulls were just about complete. What a shame.
    Didn't Bert Rutan have a twin kit on the market about 12 years ago. Someone had one. Who had the jet kits?

BILL

saw on the cover of newsday last week a guy built a 50 foot viking boat out of popsical sticks

Smile Re: Boat Building 101

I must be named Noha my wife looked at my hurricane hat and said I would be dead before i finished it and guess what, a tractor trailer rear ended me , a turkey flew throgh my windshield at 70 mph and then a guy fell off his bike (harley) it hit a guardrail and took out me and the wife on our bike almost lost my leg that all happened between february 2006 and august and guess what the hat is on the home strech . Working the motors and finishing the inside I hope to be ready by august but may not luanch till april 09 (check 6) of course it helps to have money your friends work better when their paied!!

Forget Noah, you should be named lucky.

Well now I'm thouroughly depressed. Mine is only 34' but she's almost down to fiberglass. Rotten bulkeads and lots of abuse. I never liked being a statistic and come to think of it.....which one is the better half? The wife or the Hatt
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Dan B
    1963 34DC
    Last Year's Rent

CHECK 6, yours is one project I am following closely. Gotta be one of the prettiest based on the pics from last November--keep it up!

Dan B.: You stay at that 34 restoration! As you know, there are some excellent outcomes of forum members; I hope to have mine in that category someday.

DAN

Dan B have you thought of converting the 34dc to a trawler with some small
    4cyl diesels? I had a cool ideal of how to change the look of this boat and provide a little more room. Make it look a little more modern also.