Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Searchng for a 53 or 54 MY

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I am looking for a 53 or 54 MY. If any of you know of some for sale not on Yacht World. Any information would be appreciated.

Happy Boating!
    Mike

Re: Searchng for a 53 or 54 MY

You might check boattraderonline.com for listings by owner. Believe it or not, some people still sell their own yachts without the use of a broker or Yachtworld. Just think, you may actually be able to speak directly with the person who knows the boat the best, THE OWNER!

Hi Mike,

I just traded my 1983 53' Motoryacht in on a new boat, and the Hatteras is now for sale by the dealer that sold me my new boat. I do not think that the boat will be sold for any more money than what I was prepared to let her go for...and in fact the dealer will want to sell her as quickly as possible to get his money out of it. The boat is in very nice condition; you can private message me for more details. You can see photos at www.53classichatteras.com.

dave

There is a 53 based here in Surf City, NC where we are overnighting. I heard he is asking $180. You can probably call Beach House Marina for details 910-328-2628

Dave Clark

not to start a debate on broker vs direct, but in that size range, you are going to greatly limit your selection by going direct only.

also, HUGE difference between the 53 and 54.. that extra beam makes a huge difference. and dont' overlook the 56 either, nice wide beam too.

the price of the wider beam / more recent models have dropped in the past couple of years and they have really become affordable.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Mike,

I remember seeing this posting on our Forum for a 1988 53 Hatteras that is on the market:

http://www.53hatteras.com/

FYI big difference in fuel burn between the 53 (less) and 54's (more)...

Warm Regards,
    Jack

See the 1971 53' Hatteras this forum "antiqua"

MIKE....I own an '85 53 Classic in exceptional condition in the upper Chesapeake (fresh water) under a shed. She's not officially on the market but she is available and will be turn key when commissioned in a few weeks. E-mail me at gsd@ccil.org if you're interested. George

Smile Re: Searchng for a 53 or 54 MY

Thanks for all the great replies,

I have made an offer on a 60' in Ft. Lauderdale. If that doesn't come through. I will be following up with you guys. I appreciate all the responses.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike:

Is this the boat Atlanitc Yacht Brokers has listed?

D