Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Searching for a 43DC or 44DC

Hi, My name is Eric Skow, my wife Susan and I are shopping for a 43 or 44 dual cabin with 671n engines and a flybridge. We have looked at several so far here in Maryland and none have met our quality standards. If any member out there knows of one in good condition for sale that is not too distant from Solomons Maryland, we would love to hear about it.

Thanks

Re: Searching for a 43DC or 44DC

There is a 1985 43 DC for sale in RI. A broker friend of mine at Alden Yachts has her listed. She has the TIs not Ns but is in an estate and a deal. I think she be be bought for 90-100k.

Best
    DW
    M

thanks for the lead on the boat. I do have my heart set on a set of naturals though. Thanks again

just spoke with the Broker at the YC bar. It appears that 100k took her.

DWM

Try 708-383-4037 from Oct 07 Lakeland Boating...'80 43'MY with 6-71ti's and stabs.

Should be lots listed in Yachtworld (see post to my other thread)...
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

There is a very nice 44" double cabin in Guntersville, AL. She has 871 N's and was in excellent shape last year when I looked at her twice. The boat has been very well cared for and has some real nice improvements. She is on yachtworld.com.

I have a 43' DCMY without flybridge in Savannah, GA that I would sell for $100M firm. Freshly serviced Detroit 6-71N engines have 1,200 metered hours, newer genset 600 hours. Minimal electronics (update without guilt). Just spent $20,000 on her.

I have never understood the attraction of the afterthought fly bridge on this model. Makes it look and be top heavy.

Many photos.

I would sell my soul for $100M. Did you mean a different number?

DAN

THanks for the response PaulPeters. We were hoping for a flybridge model. I agree that they dont do much for the appearance, but we want one anyway.
    Take care and thanks for responding

Eric

I bumped into my broker at the YC bar last evening. The 1985 43MY went under agreement for $102K.

Some details to provide you with guidance where the market acutally is.
    1. Northern Boat
    2. Topsides (above rub rail) paint ok...needs to be buffed out.
    3. Hull needs to be painted. Estimate up here is around 10K. Older operator who scratched the hull up quite a bit docking....former sailor.
    4. Engines moderate hour 6 71 TIs in excellent condition
    5. Bottom clean... no blisters
    6. Real issue is interior soft goods redecorating as this boat was owned by an older member. Dark colors some Ft. Lauderdale Mauve 80s look.
    7. Side panels of flybridge enclosure need to be replaced. Everything else OK

I hope that this gives you some feel as to where the market is in the Northeast.

Cheers
    DWM