Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices

Re: Fuel Prices

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Hows come it's 1.74 in Puerto Rico? I thought they was Us!
    Good question about the price of fuel.
    As far as Puerto Rico goes.....it either needs to become a State and pay their way or go away.I'm tired of supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSTER View Post
    Good question about the price of fuel.
    As far as Puerto Rico goes.....it either needs to become a State and pay their way or go away.I'm tired of supporting them.
    AMEN, I am with you...No more free lunches. We do have to care for the illeagles though. Gosh, I thought they were refering to sick birds.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp View Post
    AMEN, I am with you...No more free lunches. We do have to care for the illeagles though. Gosh, I thought they were refering to sick birds.
    I'm just tired of the US supplying them with all the entitlements and rights of US Citizens,without the same responsibilities we accept. It annoys me when the fly the Puerto Rican flag on their vehicles and not even an American flag or sticker to be seen. Almost daily I pick up the local paper and the Police Log is filled with arrests for drugs or violence and most of the suspects in these particular venues of crime are Puerto Ricans.

Sorry..I didn't mean to hijack the thread,just needed to vent. Tony

A friend gets his fuel for his farm and then puts it in his boat

It's not PC to call Pueto-Ricans free loaders, but I do it anyway LOL. Do they even have to deal with the friendly IRS?

PR does not pay US Federal Income Tax. That said, their island tax is comparable to our Federal tax structure.

PR citizens with good jobs are not free loading. In fact, if you lived in PR and have a good job, why would you want to move North?

The culture and work ethic IS different however. There is not the same level of self imposed stress to follow a schedule. Can be frustrating if you are a project manager, but at least the workforce is happy.

With regard to the difference in price between gas and diesel I believe that all that is happening is an adjustment in price based on BTU content.

Gas~ 115000 BTU/gal Diesel~ 139000 BTU/gal About 20% more BTU's/gal in diesel.

What we're now seeing is diesel priced about 20% higher $$.

All fuels will be priced this way whether wood, coal , diesel ,gas, etc.

Just too much wordwide demand for fuel/energy.

With China and India entering the "automobile age" I doubt prices will get any better.

everything I read lately says that demand is down and supply is up. Are all those chinese that are making pennies per hour really buying 5.00/ gal fuel. I don't buy it, it is greed. There is no way the demand tripled in the last 5 years like prices have.

I think most of the run up is the commodities speculators. The same people who ran up the tech stocks until they crashed then they went into real estate and ruined that market. Now they are in oil and gold. The bubble will burst and I hope they loose their asses.
    Last edited by captddis; 03-21-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Fuel Stamps will be the next Government support program. If you are poor, Living below the poverty line and don't want to work harder the Government will give you vouchers for you to sell for drugs.

I'm sure they can pay for this by adding another 25c per gallon for us to pay.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    I think most of the run up is the commodities speculators. The same people who ran up the tech stocks until they crashed then they went into real estate and ruined that market. Now they are in oil and gold. The bubble will burst and I hope they loose their asses.
    Dave, I just heard this very thing from my broker -- commodities (even oil) are starting to come down sharply. Anybody's guess how long or how deep it will go, but there's no question oil prices were driven up by speculators, just like in all other overdone markets for anything.
    -- Paul