Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices

Fuel Prices

I just watched them change the diesel fuel price sign at the marina we are staying in Ft. Meyers Beach. Gas is now $4.07 and diesel is a whoping $4.37. Afriend of mine told me that in the Detroit area auto gas is $3.39 and diesel is $4.69.

What in hell is going on here, I just don't understand. This will kill boating and trucking for sure.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Re: Fuel Prices

Checked in Panama City, Fl last weekend and it was $4.18 for diesel. It sounds like when I retire next summer I'll have to just sit at the dock instead of cruise.
    captbuddy

The commercial fisherman next door just got 500 gals of wholesale "off road" diesel delivered to his dock today here in MD. - $3.80 per Gal. Marina fuel will be a little higher once they start getting their spring deliveries. Still got some last week at fall price of $3.10 per gal, but most places here are $3.89 and up. Home heating oil was $3.39 last week (delivered). Regards, Bob K

Maynard - Remember back during the phony "oil crisis" in the 70's when they said that when gas goes over one dollar a gallon, people will quit driving - they didn't. Then they said that when gas goes over two dollars people will quit driving. They didn't. Then three dollars, they didn't. Then four dollars...they didn't.

I don't think it will ever make any difference AND the oil companies have finally figured that out. It appears that we are NOT going to quit driving - regardless of the price.

Hey, I can remember getting absolutely FURIOUS driving my 71 440 six-pack Plymouth Road Runner across country and stopping for gas in New Mexico (Pre Gas crisis). They charged 37 cents a gallon for premium and I was livid! Swore I would never drive through a state that would rip people off like that! I had NEVER paid more than 32 cents for a gallon of premium ANYWHERE and I was Damned if I was going to take price gouging like that without plenty of verbal abuse to the gas station guy. I showed 'em (and paid 'em their danged 37 cents/gal).

My, how times change!

And here I am, making arrangements with a broker to look at another 50c w/8-92's. It's gonna be $4.99/gallon this summmer. I must be an idiot.

Didn't I read somewhere that Hatteras made a few sailboats?

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    And here I am, making arrangements with a broker to look at another 50c w/8-92's. It's gonna be $4.99/gallon this summmer. I must be an idiot.

SNAP OUT OF IT, MAN!!!!

K

Yep, maybe the high fuel prices will keep the loons off the water (not the birds, I have no issue with them). I wouldn't complain about fewer boaters (unless it was my brother and sister Hatt-folks)!

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    There was actually a discussion on the "Trawler and Trawling Maillist" comparing the cost of operation of a trawler to a sailboat. Folks who made there living making sails prior to retiring to a trawler, stated that the cost of new sails every 5 - 7 years offset the fuel savings of a sailboat. I was surprised! But then again, it was something that I wanted to hear.

Now, if only I could get use to going trawler speed!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp View Post
    I just watched them change the diesel fuel price sign at the marina we are staying in Ft. Meyers Beach. Gas is now $4.07 and diesel is a whoping $4.37. Afriend of mine told me that in the Detroit area auto gas is $3.39 and diesel is $4.69.

What in hell is going on here, I just don't understand. This will kill boating and trucking for sure.

It's going to hurt boating that's for sure,especially folks that want to go fast.

In my trucking and mulch operation,I've been charging my customers a fuel surcharge for over a year now and this week as fuel rose to $4.30 the surcharge rose to 20% of the invoice.Goodbye cheap transportation costs.

Gasoline is the majician's left hand that everyone is watching here,while the oil companies strangle the global economy with absurd diesel fuel prices.

Consider this......We all can cut back the use of gasoline,but global diesel fuel use is a static number. Diesel fuel use can not be conserved. It is the fuel of the World's Economy and they want control of it now.

i just met with a friend of mine and we are going to start making bio-d. we are looking at 800 + or - for equipment then the used oil! but the places we have asked say they are already paid to give to people... dam.
    if we can find enough we can make it for about 2-2.50 a gallon. because the cost of materials has gone up due to the dam diesel prices......
    I drive Boats and Save People!!!
    See my projects at the link

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ter/?start=all