Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Need old engine temp gauge

I have a 1978 53MY with the original Hatt black dual station gages. One of my 4 engine temp gauges is bad and they are no longer available anywhere. I really don't want to change out 4 aauges and 2 senders just to fix this one gage. I've posted this before, but I thought I'd put it in again in case anybody's changing out their old Hatt gauges.

It looks like the picture below. On the side, it is printed "NEG GRD 6489499 dual gage installation only". I assume that's "negative ground".

Those black gages with the white logo of the little temp thermometer on the face of the gage won't work.

If you have one you want to sell, please e-mail me at dshumans@gmail.com

Thanks,

Doug Shuman
    Last edited by Nonchalant1; 12-29-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Re: Need old engine temp gauge

Doug... try these guys. I replaced my voltmeters from them. Only place on earth for 32 VDC voltmeters! ws
    http://www.isspro.com/proddetail.php?prod=R8762
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Doug,
    Keep a eye on the Chris Craft section on ebay, I see NOS AC gauges there often. CC used the same gauges in the early 70s. I have 2 of the single station gauges like you want. If you did not mind the effort you could run a wire and add another sender. Dave

Bill - Thanks - those are no-go for my senders.

Dave - Thanks but I need the dual station type. I have checked eBay but I don't know how to determine if some of those will work.

Doug

I have 4 i just replaced all gages not sure if thay work and they look different more numbers ill e mail you a picture

Are your take outs 32 volt? Diesel boat? I need a pair of electric tachs and/or senders etc for Detroits @ 32 vdc. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Try
    marineconsignment@embarqmail.com
    He has a bunch of gauges.