Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1968 41' Sport Fish For Sale

Hey Guys
    It's been awhile sense I have been online. Because of heath issues and time constraints I have decided to sell "Old Hat" I just do not have time or the heath to use or even maintain her. She has not been out of the slip sense one week before Katrina hit the gulf coast two years ago. For those of you that don't remember, I will bore you with some of the details. The following is a clip and paste of a add I have on the Rods and Reels.com were I have listed her for sale. you may visit that site if you like, this is the address

http://www.rodnreel.com/classifieds/...m.asp?ID=25356

then click on other listing!

1967 41' HATTERAS SPORT FISH. I BOUGHT THE BOAT ABOUT TWO AND HALF YEARS AGO. I FOUND THE BOAT IN ONTARIO CANADA. SHE HAS NEVER BEEN CHARTERED. AS A MATTER OF FACT THERE ARE NO ROD HOLDERS ON THE BOAT. AND I DO NOT SEE ANY SIGNS THAT THERE EVER WAS. I AM NOT SURE IF SHE HAS EVER BEEN FISHED! SHE HAS SPENT HER ENTIRE LIFE CRUISING THE FRESH WATERS OF LAKE HERON AND THE GEORGIAN BAY. THERE IS NO CORROSION OF ANY KIND ON THE BOAT. AND IF YOU KNOW HATTERAS, YOU KNOW HOW SOUNDLY SHE IS BUILT. I HAD HER LOADED ON A TRUCK IN PORT HURON MI. AND SHE WAS TRANSPORTED TO PATELLIOS MARINA IN GAUTIER MISSISSIPPI. I PUT THE FLY BRIDGE BACK ON AND MOTORED HER ACROSS TO WAVELAND MISSISSIPPI. SHE STAYED THERE AT ISLANDER MARINA FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS. WHEN KATRINA ENTERED THE GULF I DEBATED IF I SHOULD MOVE HER. THE WEEKEND BEFORE KATRINA HIT I BROUGHT HER OVER TO MADISONVILLE LA. AND PLACED HER IN A ""COVERED FLOATING SLIP"" THANK GOODNESS I DID. THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO ISLANDER MARINA AFTER THE STORM. I HAVE NOT TAKEN HER OUT OF THE SLIP ONE TIME SENSE. HENCE THE REASON I MUST SELL HER. OBVIOUSLY I NEVER USE HER. AND ALSO SHE IS JUST TO MUCH BOAT FOR MY PRESENT HEALTH. SHE HAS TWIN DETROIT DIESELS (6-53 NATURALS) I RUN THE ENGINES EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS. THE FRONT DECK COULD USE SOME PAINT. THE INSIDE LOOKS FINE. ALL OF THE WOOD TRIM AND VARNISH IS BRIGHT AND CLEAN. SHE NEEDS A "GOOD" CLEANING. WITH A CLEAN HULL SHE WILL TOP OUT AT ABOUT 15 MPH. I WOULD CONSIDER SOME SORT OF TRADE DOWN TO A TRAILERABLE FISHING BOAT. BOTTOM LINE IS THIS. SHE NEEDS SOME PAINT ON THE FORWARD DECK. SHE NEEDS A GOOD CLEANUP AND TLC. SHE NEEDS SOMEONE THAT HAS THE TIME TO USE AND ENJOY ALL SHE HAS TO OFFER. I HONESTLY DO NOT BELIEVE YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER 67 HATTERAS IN THE CONDITION THIS BOAT IS IN FOR ANYWHERE NEAR THIS MONEY. I LOOKED LONG AND HARD. IT IS MY BELIEF THAT TO FIND AN CLEAN OLDER BOAT YOU WILL ULTIMATELY WIND UP IN THE GREAT LAKE REGION. THERE BOATING SEASON IS ONLY ABOUT FOUR MONTHS COMPARED TO OUR WHAT, TEN MONTHS. SOME OF THE HARDCORE GUYS DOWN HERE GO TWELVE MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. PLEASE CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST, OR QUESTIONS.HOME PHONE IS 2257911950 CELL IS 2255727544 CY MANLEY

As you can see I have what I consider a bargain price on her. $38500. I have not listed her with a broker as of yet. Of course if I do that you know the drill. They will add there commission to that price. If you know of someone that is looking for a Very Sound 41' It is my belief you will not find one in this condition at a better price. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care, be happy with what you have, enjoy your life, it can change with the blink of a eye.
    cy manley
    Last edited by SEAWISE; 09-13-2007 at 06:50 PM. Reason: change of information
    C.Y. MANLEY
    WATSON LA.
    1967 41 CONV.

Re: 1968 41' Sport Fish For Sale

Just an FYI but the 6-53 Naturals can not get that boat to 25MPH unless you are going over a waterfall. I have a 1966 with 8v53 naturals that can make 19.5 Kts on a good day. But the price seems right. They are great boats and I love mine so you should be able to find her a new home.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Sorry!! I have corrected my typing error. In reference to the speed of the boat I Hit the two key instead of the one key.
    C.Y. MANLEY
    WATSON LA.
    1967 41 CONV.

Wendy Guest

Do you have any more pictures beside the three in the ad?

Is she still for sale?