Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Re: Corporate greed?

Originally Posted by krush
    No system is perfect, but executives are often hired and chosen just like any other "worker". I'm missing the point of your argument. Would you prefer the government be in charge of everything? I stand by my statement that as much as you hate those rich guys, they create jobs and drive the economy.

There are "executives" of small businesses too.

If one farmer wants 1000/bushel, another farmer will sell it for $500 or 50 etc. That's what is great about FREE MARKETS. If some jackass thinks he can screw people, somebody else will sweep in and do it for cheaper. It may take some time, but the price will go down. Monopolies (which is the scenario you imply) can only exist with the assistance of the government.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

I've heard that dolphins and pigs are very smart, maybe smarter than humans in some respects. Does anyone remember the joke about mudwrestling with a pig?

Cheers

2. Re: Corporate greed?

Can see I going to be the "outsider" in this post.
    I have been union for 38 yrs now.
    When one works for a big company, in my case, Southern Bell, then BellSouth and now ATT. A union is a needed evil.
    And I have had it shoved up my butt without KY jelly by both the company and the union.
    I have no respect for either of them.
    I make a decent pay, get great benifits and work for it all.
    I love reading posts from those who never had a real job (Krush) about how life is all about.
    Mangement at ATT could care LESS about you, the consumer. It's all about numbers so they look good and get their bonus's.
    I come to your house or business and according to my company, I have 30 mins to do my job. Doesn't matter if you want an extra phone jack put in or if I actually repair your phone line.... It's all about what the computer says I'm "alloted" to do the job.
    Sorry, but I come from the "old school" so I stay till the job is done properly, even though it means "failing my monthly numbers" that are set by people who went to college but dont have a clue what my job entials.
    If I was management guess I could afford a 53 instead of only a 43... But I can sleep at night knowing I didn't screw the customer.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Heh, the constant attempts to say I've never had a "real" job is getting old. I've worked "real" jobs since I could legally work. Before that I earned money doing "non-real" jobs.

It's ok, keep it coming...the ignorance is downright humorous. I don't think anybody here has seen my resume or work history. By the way, I have 3 business licenses to my name, held jobs in multiple states in multiple industries (my "union" comments are made from first hand experience), and have insight into many aspects of business. Heh, I don't even know why I put the effort forth to type this. I know I've gained the respect of people worth a damn

PS: I spent quite some time with the Verizon guy that works the territory where I live. He said the same things about "30 minutes to do a job", the service they want us to provide is pathetic, etc. He hate much contempt for both management AND the union too. He summed it up nicely..."ahh, hell...what do we care? We're the phone company!" Really smart/nice guy.

Don't let the Bast*&#s get you down Krush! With the attitude you have you're going to go very far in life. You may fail once or twice however I'm sure you'll learn from it and be very successful. I just wish all the young kids had an attitude like yours!!!!!!! Go get em!!!!

Unfortunately most kids today do have his attitude. But without the skills and the work ethic.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

One of the most disheartening days in my life was when I truly realized that not all adults and teachers are as smart as I thought they were. I was quite naive and looked up to everybody that was older than me when I was younger.

The teachers one was really an eye opener for me (didn't realize it until college).