Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

45c window frames

does anyone have information on window frame replacements. I have one that is leaking and would like to replace them both with a solid one peace frame any input on who would make them and how much they would cost would be great.
    thanks chris

Re: 45c window frames

Try www.waterwaysystems.com they do a lot of replacement aluminum window frames for Hatteras.

ok thanks . I will take a look at the web site.

If you want to keep your boat original, Sam's has the extrusions and a guy to weld them. I think they also have connections for anodising.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Chris, I hope you don't have to go down the path that I'm stuck on. Your boat is a lot newer than mine (1970). I communicated with Jimmy Watts and his composite frames (do a search) sound like the way to but for me to try to get everything done from Puerto Rico and get him down here to install them wasn't working for me. I found a local guy to do them and my 3 week job has already passed 4 weeks on the hard and still 2 - 3 weeks to go. When they pulled the old windows out they found dry rot all around the opening and all the way to the floor and some damage on the floor braces. My $8000 job is roaring right up on $15000. It's hard to find a stopping point. Jimmy has a good reputation and if your substructure is good it would be worth while to have him build and install them. I thought the price for his windows was pretty fair. Good luck.
    Life is good!

We are in the process of having the windows on our 40 Hatteras DCMY removed, rebedded, installed as well as having all the tracks and fuzzie stuff replaced. We began the process looking for replacement windows but after talking with Steve McPherson at Sam's we learned we could do it more easily. Two of 4 windows are done and we are very happy.
    Our boat is neat Annapolis. If you want more info, contact me. Good luck.
    Katy

You must contact Chuck at Waterway Systems. He did an EXCELLENT job at a VERY reaonable price. His frames are heavy duty and fit right into the factory opening. I replaced mine, last year, and would definately use him again.

I really don't think that Full Moon wants to know the following. Even with the core wood being rotten as alot of them get, my composite frames can be installed without having to replace the rotten wood. FYI

Jimmy

I used Chuck at Waterway on my 46 Convertible and was very happy with the product.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Chris

Good morning. Waterway Systems (941-752-3554) is currently making a set for my 36'. I got a couple of Quotes and Waterway's looked the best. They have a pretty good website if you want to check them out. I will try to post some pictures once they are arrive and we get them installed. FYI, if you windows have been leaking for a while, you may find some water damage when you remove the windows. (Hopefully not, just be prepared)

Billy
    Hold Fast