Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trip report 2/9

Trip report 2/9

I was moving the boat to Cape Canaveral from Stuart so we decided to make it a 2 day fishing trip by trolling up to Sebastian and finishing up with some bottom time the rest of the way to Canaveral. Sat. we got a late start but were met with flat calm waters. We made it to 120' and started the troll. There were a ton of boats and no bites until we got to a consistent little hot spot out of Ft. Pierce. Raymond picked up a solo dolphin on a green skirted 'hoo. We continued the troll and I picked up a king off a blue/white Ilander a short time after. By 3pm the seas stacking up at 3' and the weather man started calling for 20 knot wind and Small Craft Advisory on Sun. 4:30 we made the call to head to the Cape and stick our nose out in the morning. We made it in about 10pm, filled our bellies at fish Lips and called it a night. Needless to say, today was a blowout and I was sure glad we did not try to stay out overnight. All in all it was great to get to troll again but with the exception of a great rip SE of Sebastian the water did not look all that fishy. We got to meet some of our new dock-mates and the old Hatteras grinned as she backed in to her new berth amongst all the other old Hatts. I think we are going to like our new home.....
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Re: Trip report 2/9

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Hambone

Sure sounds like you had a good time. Does that mean that you are taking your boat off the market? It sounds like you enjoy it way too much to be selling that battlewagon.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Glad you made it up here. We went out saturday and landed 5 small dolphin. We headed out to the weather buoy and could not find it, told later that it has been moved.

We are pulling the listing. There are still a couple irons in the fire so she could still sell. Otherwise we are here to stay.....
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son