Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avatars

I just saw MikeP's new avatar and thought thats a great idea, something that is boating related. So I had to add an avatar to mine something that suits me. Since I couldn't find a picture of James Bond on a yacht in the Med. I went with the next best thing.
    mike41tc

Re: Avatars

Since several people over the years have said I look like Richard Dryfus and JAWS is my all time favorite movie - When I found this pic of Matt Hooper on ORCA, I had to adpot it.

I had to draw my own. Can you tell?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Hey guys, those are cool! Is it "easy" to put one up? Can someone (if it is not too much trouble), tell me how to do it? If you don't want to tell me here, can you pm me with the info? thanks...

Cheers, Laurie

Laurie,
    No prob - it's easy.

1) Put your favorite pic on your Hard Drive. If you don't have a pic of your own, go to Google Images, type in a theme and pick something you like and save it.

2) Go to "User CP" on the toolbar above.

3) Go to Edit Avatar, Use Custom Avatar, browse, select.

4) There are size restrictions depending on file type. You will probably have to reduce the image size to meet the Avatar limits. Once you have cropped & resized as needed, repeat #3.

Not too hard - have fun.
    Last edited by Passages; 02-04-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks Passages, I did it! Have a good one!