Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

refurbed 53' sportfish

I thought some of you may like to see a 53' sportfish we redid. We repowered it with CAT 3406E 800hp engines, glassed in the front, replaced the side windows, and did a complete paint job with hull side vents - Due to Hurricanes Ivan and Katrina that affected this area the paint and windows part ended up being a joint project between us and Marathon Boatyard in the keys. Here is a before and after pic (Same boat I promise!). We have finished the boat since the newer pic with hardtop and outriggers, i'll have dig around and see if I can find one of the completed boat.
    Attached Images

Re: refurbed 53' sportfish

Looks nice, but I still like the OEM look in the first pic best. I'm sorry, but the second boat just doesn't look like a Hatteras to me.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I like the Palm Beach look that you've achieved. I did the same to my own boat also redid the interior in afromosia,but all the fabrics,carpet and upholstery in white,as I can't stand a stodgy busy looking boat. JMO.

By the way if you are still in Marathon Boatyard stop by and say hello to my brother Greg on the 42C "CRUSHER". Tony

MDUNLAVY, don't mind Sky. He's such a traditionalist that if he could get himself painted Hatteras Off White (The early color, not the post 1990 one) he probably would. I have no problem with the classic look, especially in motoryachts, but convertibles can look good either way. First of all, there's no hiding that Hatteras bow, and sometimes cleaning up the clutter shows off the lines much better. And Tom Slane's vents look positively HOT!

I'll give it my endorsement. Would love to see a pic with the rest of the rigging on it. Did you put a bowrail on it?
    Last edited by Avenger; 01-25-2008 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    MDUNLAVY, don't mind Sky. He's such a traditionalist that if he could get himself painted Hatteras Off White (The early color, not the post 1990 one) he probably would.
    LOL, I would only do that if I could also get the Hatteras Blue stripes.

I'm not saying that it doesn't look nice, it just looks alot like everything else out there today. And don't don't get me started on the lack of bow rails
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

6. Re: refurbed 53' sportfish

Nice, what engines did you replace? Speed/GPH before and after, I notice the tower is gone, how much weight did you shed? Thx.

I like the no-bowrail look,but I don't have the heart to to send anyone forward without one. My worst nightmare would be to either lose someone or have someone injured because there wasn't a bowrail or grabhandle. A lot of my friends have done it,the look is fabulous,but I i won't be doing it on BUSTER. Tony.

Great looking Hatt, so much nicer than the Euro look boats Hatteras is putting out now. Nice color scheme and very clean looking from stem to stern. Pretty work. Bob

Nice looking boat! I look forward to seeing the updated pics as well.

What is the name of those colors, may I ask? (Sorry Sky...)

DAN

Nice Job! I hear nothing but GREAT things about the CAT 3406E's