Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Cool Sail fishing Miami

I am at bay side till the 9th . Any other members docked here? Seas have been big but the bite has been good. Winds blowing pretty good tonight. Hope it will lay down a little .

Re: Sail fishing Miami

Haven't I seen you over here in front of me getting fuel from Admiral Oil? I'm in a slip right in front of the Rickenbacker marina fuel dock. I've seen Scalawag on the transom of a Hatt.

How are the swordfish biting....where and how deep?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Cool Re: Sail fishing Miami

Yes you have .I always look over at your boat . Shes a Classy lady. I come over in Jan Feb for sails March the Marquesas for mutton . Then I try to stop back here in May on my way to the islands. I stay down there May June July if the weather holds. If you like to sword fish let me know. Do you get sea sick at night? A lot of people do that normally do not get sick in the day time.

Re: Sail fishing Miami

I have disliked fish and seafood all my life, until Ed picked up some FRESH (that's key) swordfish off the back of a boat, marinated it like a beef steak, grilled it with butter, and I ate every bite of it and loved it. So, it's something I want to have again.

Seasick...are you kidding? LOL If I haven't been seasick yet, I doubt I will ever be. My boat rolls more in this slip due to traffic and dumbasses than it does out of the slip or at anchor in the middle of the bay. And the 6:30 wake up call of whatever it is that goes by every morning, even on Christmas Day....whatever it is, it throws a big wake...who needs an alarm clock? I've tried to jump up and see what it is, but I'm always too late. Nah....I don't get seasick, and I've got well seasoned sealegs, too - my Dad was amazed how I never lose my balance or miss a step during a big roller, even with my arms full carrying stuff and going down the stairs, all at the same time. My dad...he gets seasick and has said that next time he comes to see me, he's staying in a hotel! He gets seasick in the slip.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Cool Re: Sail fishing Miami

I like your self had to work up to seafood.But now I enjoy any fresh sea critter I worked over a snapper last night fried. Gave some to the office and dock men. I will let you know when we go . If it doesnt fit in at least you can get some when we get back. Winds blowing pretty good over here . There calling for20-25 8-10 seas. Bait day. All this week will be sails I have some pics from last week but I don't know how to get them from one place to the other .