Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Underwater lights (cost effective)

Those LED lights are great. Low power etc.. But geeze they'll soak ya. Has anyone seen anything reasonable that will mount in the SIDE of the hull as well as the transom?
    Halogen is ok I suppose. I was looking at the UWBR-HAL line.
    Regards
    Dan

Re: Underwater lights (cost effective)

We bought 3 very nice LED lights for underwater at our transom. The total price was $550.00. They are well made, look nice, and work great.

Are we allowed to discuss brand and model here? Just curious what you chose.
    Regards
    Dan

kent (shvldis) made his own and they worked fine.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mapes View Post
    Are we allowed to discuss brand and model here? Just curious what you chose.
    If you're posting a positive review on a product or service, there's never a problem. It's the bashing a specific vendor or small company that we need to be careful with.

I have these http://www.barnegatlt.com/Product%20Pics/QLSPL.htm
    They call them swim platform light but I have them on the transom under the water. Have other friends with them on for 5-6 years. Got them through Lewis marine a little over $100 ea. Work great yes I have seen better one but they all were $300 ea and up. Bruce "Johngalt" here has some nice LED ones that were not a heavy hit on the walet. I know why you ask this question some of these light have a Insane price tag.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Dan, I have three Abyss S-600 led' s on my transom that I purchased direct from www.abysslite.com for 169.00 each. As Dan[34hatt] says they are very nice lights and only require a 3/8" hole in the transom. They are about the diameter of a hockey puck and half as thick. The install was very simple and took about 2 hours total. The service from the company was first rate. I think though, that if I had to do it again I would spend a little more on the next model up I think it is the S-800 for 230.00 each. I love the lights and get lots of compliments on them, but the murkiness of the water here in the northeast would probably been better handled by the more powerful model. If you are in more southern waters the cheaper lights should be fine. Happy hunting. Bruce aka johngalt

Dan, I apologize, I should have looked at your profile first. As you are in NY you may like the more powerful s-800. I am also in NY and I may add 2 more lights in the spring. I must say however that for the money the abyss lights are great. Bruce PS. Hello Dan and Christine on "End Of The Line"

Thanks guys, I have been wondering about some Xenon lights imported by these folks -> http://www.lightuptheocean.com/
    Regards
    Dan

I spoke to someone with Abysslite at the FLIBS and was told that they are coming out with some larger LED lights and they should be out by the Miami Boat Show. Buzz