Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Westerbeke 4.0KW gas genny for sale

Westerbeke Gas Generator for Sale:

Mid 80’s marine gas generator that has never seen salt water and has original paint and no rust, although a small amount of paint is missing there is no rust. I bought it from a fellow Hatteras owner who kept his boat on a freshwater lake in Alabama. There is no remote start kit for this but they can be purchased for a reasonable price from a Westerbeke dealer. It is a 4kw model number 4.0BCG and runs at a quiet 1800rpms. They no longer make this unit but you can still get parts because Westerbeke’s design has changed very little over the years. It has a new fuel pump, new cap, rotor and spark plugs. The impeller was changed and I tested the compression to find that it is excellent. The engine runs well and smooth. The unit also comes with a muffler and is mounted on vibration isolators. I was told this unit does not need a sound shield because its quiet. I never actually got to install it in my Hatteras because I converted to diesel. The previous and original owner told me it worked fine when he removed it from the boat….just needed a tune-up which is what I did. I would like 1,000 or better for this unit. I paid $1100 for it and then put some money in parts into it. I plan on sending it to a genny tech soon to check things over but when I do the price will go up.

Great unit and Westerbekes are known to last and be serviceable. Make a reasonable offer and I will consider it. If I get close to my desired price I will deliver for free in DE, NJ, PA or MD.

Re: Westerbeke 4.0KW gas genny for sale

hi,you have a private message.thanks Ray

Anybody need a good genny? I started it up just the other day and it sounds good.

Sent you a PM yesterday did you get it????
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I'll try to call today. Tomorrow if not today.

Thanks for the lead.

Jack

Jackman,

Sent you a PM the other day concerning the generator. Did you get it? Is the unit still available?

At this point it is sold. If things change I'll let you know.

Thanks for the interest,

Jack