Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Re: Bar rebuild, afromsia, formica, thoughts, questions

Thanks Bill. The Admiral took interior design at Michigan State, but she got fed up with it and switched to business before graduating. Must be some of that stuff paid off after all .

The glass case was installed by a previous owner. It has a mirror in the back of it and glass shelves, but the doors are plexiglass. Most of the wine and martini glasses are plastic as well. I've had her out in 10 footers and the glasses stay put pretty well. It's amazing how well those Naiads work.

Tetanus booster? You haven't seen my bilges. I only take pics of the good stuff.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

C'mon Sky, I will bet your bilges are cleaner than mine. Fresh water surely makes that easier. I just use copius amounts of Bo-ShieldT9 to keep all that copper and brass from turning green. I just re-packed the stuffing boxes with GoreTex GFO packing, (actually twice), so I should now enjoy dry bilges like you do. Keep up the great work on your beautiful Hat. Let's try to catch up with each other this summer. Jane and I are coming home for the summer next week.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Maynard,
    I agree. We need a Great Lakes Rendezvous. I tried to start a thread and get some consensus on a location and date, but it never seemed to take off. Give me a call when you get back to Michigan. I'd love to take you guys out for a boat ride. We launch 4/22!
    Sky Cheney

Sky, I will repeat myself and say this is really great work! I think this and some of Yachtsmanbill's stuff should go into the Frequently Asked Service Questions area.

Regarding this:

Quote Originally Posted by skycheney
    I agree. We need a Great Lakes Rendezvous. I tried to start a thread and get some consensus on a location and date, but it never seemed to take off.
    I think it is on simmer, but will locate and comment on the post to bring it back to the top. I do think GLHR should happen! I think I told YMB I would make a point to travel back to IL (synchronized with work, of course) to attend.

DAN

Hi Sky,

First, let me say that is the most beautiful interior ever. Hatts off to you both!

This may seem like it is a little out of left field, but has your Admiral ever considered starting a boat staging business? She is obviously a woman of impeccable taste. I have been pouring over YachtWorld for the past few months, and I am really shocked at the number of boats asking premium prices with horrific interiors. Not necessarily in need of renovation, just seriously messy, cluttered and poorly decorated for sale.

I sold real estate for awhile, and staging for sale was the norm. This was true ESPECIALLY in a down market when you have to catch someone's eye right away.

Sure there will be owners who won't spend any money, but there has to be just as many who would be willing to spend a flat fee for professional staging and pictures. Might I add, your pictures are fantastic!

For all I know, your Admiral is happily employed elsewhere, but she could make a killing at this.

Cheers!

Thanks for the compliments. The Admiral took interior design at Michigan State, but she didn't think that she was really that good at it so she switched and received a degree in business. I like your idea about marketing boats. Now I'll just have to get her going on it so I can become a kept man.
    Sky Cheney

She is really good at it. I think she really has an eye for what classic boat buyers love. If you took those pictures, this is totally a husband/ wife deal.

The beauty of staging is you aren't trying to cater to client's horrible taste. You just get everything personal out of there, do what you can with what they have, pull some magic throw pillows out of your bag, take pictures and skedaddle.

Even the most thrashed boat should look its best for pictures. And I can't imagine that a boat that looks superficially uncared for sells faster than a neat, depersonalized one.