Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone in the Tampa area?

anyone in the tampa FL area know anything about this ole lady?

http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_de...&srh_next=true

I am pretty sure the price has been lowered to around 120k but it has just about everything I am looking to do to a 36 already done minus some custom personal things.

Let me know what you salty pros think!!

Re: Anyone in the Tampa area?

I don't know the boat, but it looks nice, except for all of the wood that they painted white. Why do so many older Hatts have white paint all over the nice wood?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Rob Roy is located at Tampa Yacht Club. She has had several owners at the club and has been stored under cover for at least the last 10 years or so. Seldom used but well maintained by a strong check book owner.

I can find out anything you want to know about her.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1976 43 DCMY
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I don't know the boat, but it looks nice, except for all of the wood that they painted white. Why do so many older Hatts have white paint all over the nice wood?

because the men get sick of hearing "its soo dark in here" from the wives!!

Thanks Bruce! Was she a problem child before the refit? wondering why so many owners......

I have worked on the boat and run it a number of times. It is beautiful and turn key. Iw was completely renovated by Renovators and EVERYTHING in the boat was replaced, From thru hulls to the radar. The current owner is the second since the renovation. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWalk View Post
    because the men get sick of hearing "its soo dark in here" from the wives!!

Thanks Bruce! Was she a problem child before the refit? wondering why so many owners......

Our club has a lot of boats that get passed around from member to member. Rob Roy's past owners are a pretty tight group. These guys give each other a lot of grief over the relative condition and amount of use their boats get. Anything that's not perfect is fair game for abuse. (I can't play that game).

I'd buy a used boat from them though.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1976 DCMY
    Tampa

THANKS!! thats what i was looking to hear! shes a beautiful boat. just about stealing her at this price as well.

I am the new owner of this boat. Bought her last week. First Hatteras.

I have also seen this boat and what an incredible beauty. She definelty stands tall and it would almost be a shame to store her outside.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

1999???