Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Underwater lights (cost effective)

We have been waiting to see what shows have lined up for new products. Anything 12v is game.
    Regards
    Dan

I saw some new underwater lights on e-bay. They are made by aqua light co.
    Bronze housing, bulb replacement from inside and made in the USA. Worth looking at for $130.00 delivered. Check out the manuf. website.
    Fred

I just ordered a pair of the 800's, and one 1206. The 800's (floodlites) will be mounted on the transom facing aft, and the 1206 (spotlite) will be on a bracket, also mounted to the transom, but facing down and slightly aft. The price for the 800 is now $235, and the 1206 is $330. I'll report in on performance in the spring when I re-launch.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I saw some on a Tiara that were mounted on the trim tabs. They mounted with a very well made clamp. It would be a quick installation and no holes to drill in the transom.
    Chris

Buzz, you'r a Bertram man now, stay off of the hatteras site

Talking Re: Underwater lights (cost effective)

Don't be ugly Rent Man. After all everyone knows you're Hatteras doesn't run and hasn't left the dock in 6 years that's why your wife bought a Bertram so that she could go boating. Buzz

I looked those over (800's/1206) and they were appealing but the amount of light they generate compared to Xenon is what holds me back. The Xenon lamps put out 10x the light from what I've gathered.

If his wife bought a Bertram I'm wondering what he feeds her (and don't go there) for food and drink.
    Regards
    Dan

I was told by my favorite yard and several owners to stay away from the "bulb" type, whether halogen or xenon. They burn out often and are a pain in the a$$. LED's are the way to go. I like the Abyss as well, but I don't like the idea of a hole in the hull below the waterline with only a wire and some caulk in it. Also, the light output of their largest is only 750 lumens.

I went with Ocean LED 2010's (got a deal but still pricey) because they produce 12,000 lumens and they are a real bronze thru hull requiring only a 1" hole. For the money, you can't beat the Abyss but they are made in China and you get what you pay for. The Ocean LED is the highest quality product that I've seen, but they sure make you pay for it!

9. Re: Underwater lights (cost effective)

The xenon put out light that is closer to sunlight and appear to put out more light, watts is watts. I looked at the rediculous prices and went with the swim platform lights and bought 5 of them for less than the price of one xenon light. They can only be put on the transom but that will be fine with me. They will put out enough light to attract bait for night fishing and will raise swordfish too. If you have the cash to burn the HID or xenon are very nice, and you can show off at the dock. I just gagged on the price. I guess that Lloyds rating cost a bunch.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

You mean $3000 per light seemed High to you?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau