Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Before and after pics of my 426 Wedge Heads

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1412383...7602163748733/

I also have some pictures of the guey oil in the nooks of the lower part of the engine. I am guessing clean up with transmission fluid + oil for 10 mins?
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

Re: Before and after pics of my 426 Wedge Heads

Quote Originally Posted by akintosyali View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1412383...7602163748733/

I also have some pictures of the guey oil in the nooks of the lower part of the engine. I am guessing clean up with transmission fluid + oil for 10 mins?
    Make sure you change the oil in this engine more often after rebuild. Those photos tell of an engine that did not have frequent enough oil changes. I built a 426 Chrysler engine for one of our club's workboats. I built it in 1981 and we sold the boat in 2000 with 2400 hours on that engine and still going strong. The flex plate cracked and caused awfull noises. The new owner changed that and as best I know, it is still doing fine.

Looks like another fine job from Weimer Machine! New exhaust valves, Springs and new seats too. Do they still put the overheat indicators on? (for their warranty) Its a little button that pops up if you overheat them. Nice job! As far as the goo goes, change the oil with a high detergent type and go run the piss out of it before you come to Sunset!
    Joe Crosley called me today and we had a nice chat. He actually remembered me ! ws

I would clean out that lifter valley with a parts-cleaning brush and kerosene. As everything being cleaned will drain to the oil pan, you're going to drain it anyway before you oil-up and fire-up right? Once you fire it up, drain the engine oil again and replace again with fresh oil after 5-10 of running at low-to-moderate rpm.
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

Akin,

I sent you a PM