Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Head remodeling

Head remodeling

Getting ready to re-do both heads on my 43 dc, I was thinking of removing all the original wall paper and then doing the walls in either teak or a cherry wood veneer. The flooring was just re-done with teak and holly flooring so I'm trying to decide on the walls. If I do the walls in wood will it be to dark? should I wall paper with a light color? Any Idea's? or experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Lenz

Re: Head remodeling

Use high quality vinyl or foil wall treatment for the head.

Heads are generally cramped spaces. Using light colored wall treatment will offset the "Dark Cave" effect. Moisture is also a problem in heads. It's easier to detect and eliminate mold & mildew on light, scrubbable surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Use high quality vinyl or foil wall treatment for the head.

Heads are generally cramped spaces. Using light colored wall treatment will offset the "Dark Cave" effect. Moisture is also a problem in heads. It's easier to detect and eliminate mold & mildew on light, scrubbable surfaces.
    Another Great thought or idea you have given me! Thanks.. Love this site!!

To dark in wood do an internet search you can find some very nice and unique wallpaper to brighten it up.

Brian

As stated, the vinyl wallpaper is best in the heads. It resists moisture and cleans up very easily. We replaced a grassy weird type wallpaper in all of our heads with the vinyl stuff that is white with a vertical textured stripe. It made them nice and bright.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

CaptnRick Guest

I have a 43 DC as well. I wall papered with a creme color vinyl that had a mild texture. It goes well with the teak cabinets and woodwork and with the Oak flooring. I agree with the previous posting in that you should avoid the dark colors especially considering how small the heads are. I further agree that a vinyl that is scrubbable is the best choice.

CaptnRick

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnRick View Post
    I have a 43 DC as well. I wall papered with a creme color vinyl that had a mild texture. It goes well with the teak cabinets and woodwork and with the Oak flooring. I agree with the previous posting in that you should avoid the dark colors especially considering how small the heads are. I further agree that a vinyl that is scrubbable is the best choice.

CaptnRick
    Getting a quote this weekend for wallpapering. I'll take before and after pic and post it. Thanks.