Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Being "manly"

Talking Being "manly"

Pulled out...the yacht that is...
    Just to cover a bunch of bases; the bottom paint has been wet for 14 months and is the WM cheapo stuff at $49 / gallon. A few barnacles with Zebras growing on top of them.
    I am pleased to say, that after a 15 mph grounding near
    Dauphine Island Al. theres isnt a scratch on that subs bottom !!! NAIAD blade didnt even get chipped, prop and shaft looked perfect, and will spin with an indicator tomorrow.
    Was also in good company today, with a thumbs up from PERFECT LADY and another un named yacht headin' for the barn. Saw another BEAUTIFUL 53 or 58 late model YF called CAESARS GHOST but once again, couldnt manippilate the camera fast enough. It was soo nice that tripped over my feet while I was walking! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 10-08-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Re: Being "manly"

I would also gather that the bonding system is working. Original shaft zincs are almost gone and the others were new in 8-06 and are 50% gone. ws

NOT ONE BLISTER on this babys bottom. This was a hurry up bottom job in NOLA just to get the sub home. ws

The yard lost money on this job! Hey... check out my nuts! ws

Thats ol' "BONITA NEGRA". Best view in town from the top; and the bottom! ws

Bill,

Bottom looks great for that time in salt water. Of course it's been in fresh water since December? Was the bottom paint ablative or hard surface?

Doug

Hey Doug...
    I think it was ablative (?) It was the cheapest junk that WM had on Roosevelt Rd. 2 years ago. I launched the boat in NOLA August5 '06 and moved her to Dog River where she sat in brackish (?) until January '07.
    I'm sure in salt water some ggod stuff would be warranted, but for $49 a gallon I am way satisfied ! Most of it was still there after the bottom wash today !! ws

That marina looks familiar. Are you at Croissants?
    If so, I'll blow the horns when I go by in a couple of weeks.
    Eric

I must say your nuts look in order. Your ship is looken good.

BILL

Thanks guys ! Those poor nuts really took a beatin' this year!
    Actually Eric, thats the ALL NEW Sunset Bay Marina. Its the first place on the LDB out of the O'Brien L&D. Its really gonna be a showplace when theyre done. Theve got some heavy hitters not affraid to invest real money there ! They are just finishing up a 50,000 sq ft inside heated building with a 50 foot cieling etc. At $22 / foot outside, they beat any place else that has a 75 ton lift by $10.00 !! I cant believe how proffesional they are after dealing with deadbeat marinas here for 30 years ! STAY HERE !!! My boat is right next to the lift well. Stop by for a Coke!
    John Vary at Croissants' can only handle 14 feet on the beam and 25 tons. He's a pal of mine and a great guy, but too bad ;-( .
    Its 0400 and I gotta roll... I have a potential ( ya right LOL ) buyer coming to look at the yacht this AM. If that happens, then its on to this...
    http://www.yachtsalvage.com/Listings/YS072046.htm No rest for the weary! ws