Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 30a shore power

30a shore power

My owners manual on a '98 65SD shows that the shore power transformers should automatically convert 30a 125v power to my system. I tried a pigtail to match the shore power 30a plug to my 125/250 50 a glendenning cables and the shore power panels have no indication of power, nor do the ammeters/voltmeters. Am I missing something, or did I misunderstand the manual. I only have access to one 50a outlet.

Re: 30a shore power

Quote Originally Posted by joe wheeler View Post
    My owners manual on a '98 65SD shows that the shore power transformers should automatically convert 30a 125v power to my system. I tried a pigtail to match the shore power 30a plug to my 125/250 50 a glendenning cables and the shore power panels have no indication of power, nor do the ammeters/voltmeters. Am I missing something, or did I misunderstand the manual. I only have access to one 50a outlet.
    Joe,
    On my boat which is a 1985, there is a panel in the stbd engine room that has breakers on it for the different input voltages. I have to turn on the 125v breaker in order to feed the iso-transformer properly and get my 250v output. I also have to use the dedicated input socket on the side of the boat that is labeled 120v/50a for this to work.

I would look for an input socket that is not associated with the glendenning cables. If that is not there, then look for a panel with a switch or breakers to accept that input. Lastly, either pull out the electrical schematic or call Hatteras.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI