Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nal-cool 3000?

Nal-cool 3000?

Hello.
    Where would one find this product,and is there another product I could use in its place ?,and PS,what system is ist added to ?
    Thanks,Phil

Re: Nal-cool 3000?

I think Nal cool is not around any more I believe they where bought up by Penray. If you do a search you should find the equal to what your looking for in a penray product.

Brian

If you are looking for the additive to put in the fresh water cooling to cut capitation and corrosion get Napacool. And it is available at NAPA auto parts. I also have the test strips to keep everything in proper levels PH and additive wise.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Water wetter is what the car guys use.

I use distilled water and have added NalCool (no longer made), PenCool ( the new NalCool) and the Napa equivalent over the years. They all seem to look very much alike and work pretty much alike.

I'd suggest using the one that's easiest to get your hands on........

I could be remembering this wrong but, I believe the PenCool (or maybe it was the NalCool) has/had two formulas.. one was "2000" and the other "3000". One was for straight water and the other for antifreeze mix?...... just make sure you check the label for compatability with your coolant of choice.

I am planing on draining and switching to distilled water and an additive (no antifreeze). Is PenCool 2000 the right one to use with just water or is PenCool 3000?

Don't try that in the Great Lakes!! We just wish winter wouldn't come so soon here.

8. Re: Nal-cool 3000?

"water wetter" solves all

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

another good one to use is the already mixed for using in gensets and small engines...

https://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

I tried to mix it perfectly and we got dang close, but unless you measure how much your hoses hold exactly you'll never get the mix perfect. I over use a little and it doesn't seem to hurt as not using enough. Dropped my Genset temp in 3 spots 34 degrees at 75% load.

Good stuff
    Last edited by neosin; 09-18-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    ---/Neosin/--GulfCoastCruisers.us-----
    1972 Hatteras 44 TC "Blessed Luxury" (pic) Gone but still loved!

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

Quote Originally Posted by 53hatt View Post
    I am planing on draining and switching to distilled water and an additive (no antifreeze). Is PenCool 2000 the right one to use with just water or is PenCool 3000?

Now I'm not sure which is for which.... According to my records, I used Pencool 2000.

I got this from the PenRay web site:

Pencool 3000 is an advanced cooling system treatment that helps prevent the formation of gel deposits in cooling systems. These deposits can plug radiator passages, aftercoolers, and oil coolers, and can cause excessive water pump wear. Pencool 3000 blocks the formation of this gel, conditions cooling system water, and protects all cooling system metal components from corrosive attack. Use Pencool 3000 to maintain proper cooling system heat transfer characteristics and long engine life

Pencool 2000 is a patented liquid formula to keep diesel engines running cleaner. This easy-to-use product reduces scaling and corrosion and acts as a lubricant in the cooling system. Pencool 2000 controls formation of harmful scale deposits, reduces metal corrosion and cavitation erosion, and lubricates the water pump and other metal surfaces. Pencool 2000 eliminates messy filters, saving you maintenance time costs.

Hope this helps.....

OK..... It was bugging me so I went back to the web site and found this:

"Maintenance Guide is to provide the information required to help diesel engine operators avoid cooling system problems. Coolant is used to meet the following basic requirements:

Provide an adequate heat transfer medium.
    Protect against cavitation damage.
    Provide a corrosion-resistant environment.
    Prevent formation of scale and deposits.

To achieve these requirements, coolants must be of good quality. Demineralized or deionized water mixed with fully formulated antifreeze is the best choice. Pencool 3000 may be used to provide corrosion protection in coolant, while Pencool 2000 recommended for water-only coolant."

I knew I had read this somewhere...................