Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TV Antenna

TV Antenna

Just put a tv on the boat and wanted to get a good tv antenna. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there one that is any better than the next? Please no sat. stuff here, just good ole regular tv.

Re: TV Antenna

Our 53 MY has a rotating Shakespeare TV antenna that is mounted inside the forward section of the flybridge. It has a remote control that allows you to change the antenna's direction. It works OK IF there is a TV signal available. We have been in many places where we could only get one channel. But being able to rotate allows you to get it as good as you can. If you are always in areas around cities with broadcast TV, it works pretty well

My wife is a real TV watcher and doesn't like it much. There's a sat antenna in our future.

We've got the same antenna (I think), but unfortunately, we didn't get the remote with the boat. If you happen to change to sat, I might be interested in buying your remote.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I like the Shakespeare brand omni-directional antennas. They do not need to be "pointed" in the right direction manually or automatically. They are HDTV-ready so if you have an HD-ready TV, you'll get local HDTV FREE! They come in a 14" and a 21" diameter. The 21" is the model 2030 that I have. It looks like a flying disc, but it works amazingly well.

Good Luck!

I looked at that model 2030 today online. It looked interesting. I also saw some antennas from Naval Products or something like that in Fl. They are a few dollars more but the salesman was saying they are the best on the market. What a surprise! Anyway, does anyone have any experience with that brand?