Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Help with the boss's swim platform

On the boss's boat he has an aluminuim grated swim platform. Black soot has covered it from the exhaust. Tried to use Greased Lighting on it saturday but didn't touch it. Can anyone suggest something to get it off with?
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

Re: Help with the boss's swim platform

Go to a trailer supply company (truck trailer) like trailmobile and buy alumabright acid read the lable and folow directions carefully, will burn your hands if not careful would be best to remove and do on land if possible. the lable says bio degradeable but in heavy doses my guess is a fish kill like having to much acid in your pool. I would not recomond doing it on the boat...Cory

If its bare, use some muriatic in a spray bottle. WEAR GLOVES and keep it off the paint / wood ! It will turn a bright flat silver. Semi dump trailers use the stuff to get lime stone corrosion off. If its painted, use GUNK and a brush. ws

Easy-Off?

(this message has benlengthed to more than 10 characters)
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Thanks guys. I think I'll try the easy off first. It's polished aluminum.
    captbuddy

Spray Nine will cut it with ease.