Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toilet Clog

Toilet Clog

Went to the boat last night and found the toilet clogged and evidence of a tampon being the culprit. I am sure this has never happened to anyone else!

The breaker to the galley maid macerator is now popping. I suspect the tampon is in the macerator. My question is there anything between the bottom of the toilet and the macerator? I believe the fastest way to repair is to go right to the macerator. Any thoughts!

The boat is a 55 Hatteras convertible.

Thanks for the help

Re: Toilet Clog

What kind of toilet do you have and what kind of macerator? If you have the Galleymaid macerator, I can tell you exactly where it is. Been there, done that...NOT FUN!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

I am not certain of the toilet but the macerator is Galley Maid

OK. Here ya go - "how to get a mouse out without killing the offender":

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...hlight=flushed

I was blessed with this mess when a friend of mine flushed one and I fretted over it for weeks before finally getting it out of there. Pascal was instrumental with making that happen. I've got photographs of the disassembly of the macerator and where you'll find the mess if you need a visual reference.

It doesn't matter how many times you remind someone NOT to flush one of these....someone IS going to do it. I took the "removal in progress" photos in anticipation of making a "how to" brochure so that the offending female could do this herself. That would surely help to eliminate the "I forgot" excuse when you ask her why she did that! This still gets under my skin...can ya tell?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Ang, would love to see your 'how to' and photos. Please share

Rick
    1973 38 FBDC
    rswirtz@hotmail.com

if the breaker pops, then the tampon has to be in the macerator... it's going to have to come out :-(

that's why i love my vacuflush... you can extra a tampon in 2 minutes.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

7. Re: Toilet Clog

Those dang cotton fish.....

8. Re: Toilet Clog

hah I just banned women from my restrooms. Just tellem' they are out of order and they will have to jump ship.

Funny stuff
    ---/Neosin/--GulfCoastCruisers.us-----
    1972 Hatteras 44 TC "Blessed Luxury" (pic) Gone but still loved!

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

Wink Re: Toilet NEVER again Clogged

Why not just fit an INSINKERATOR to your head? It might not make for clearer tinkling, but could keep your mind off clogging?

Being a VULGAR BOATMAN, I always explain the old adage, Nothing goes into the head unless youve eaten it first. VIOLATORS hate eating used tampons. They respect the head on the first "date" !! All my female guests understand the ramifications. SINGLE PLY paper is the Norm de Riguer. ws