Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fiberglass windsheilds

I am in search of a fiberglass windsheild replacement. It is the wrap-around for the wheel house/cockpit. Have looked high and low in the Galveston area. Any suggestions?

Re: fiberglass windsheilds

Do you mean eisen glass {sp} ?

Rick
    1973 38 FBDC
    rswirtz@hotmail.com

Do you mean the pilothouse curved plexi windshield or the flybridge smoked plexi/lexan forward sloping windscreen? I have seen a windscreen guy advertise on ebay before. Apparently he custom builds them for any boat.

Also try calling SAMs
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I mis-spoke...the bridge glass. Yes, exactly...it is curved, three piece and I believe it might be smoked. E-bay, huh? Do you have his call sign? What do you do?...make him a template? Was it a reasonable cost?

Not sure what Eisen glass is. Educate me.

Eisenglass is that cheap flexible clear stuff they charge an arm and a leg for when the do windows on a canvas enclosure.

It lasts 2-4 years and is a major pain in the butt. especially in Florida where it gets the bridge up to 120 degrees.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

What type of boat do you have? I have the 3 piece smoked Plexiglas that I removed from my 1985 36C. You can have it for the price of shipping. It is in good shape but not exactly scratch free. PM me or reach me at TomT13@aol.com.

The ebay windscreen guy seems to have dropped off of there. It used to come up when you searched Hatteras or Chris Craft. I think your best bet is to call Steve McPherson of SAMS marine. He will either have them or know who to call to get them.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

9. Re: fiberglass windsheilds

This three piece glass section is made of plexiglass.

Take a look in your local yellow pages for some one who has a vacum system for molding plexiglass or lexan. You can take the old sections and they can heat and bend new pieces.

Probably run around 4-600.00 ( counting his labor/materials/install )

If you are in to DIY, here is how I replaced my windscreen. Remove old plexiglass. Make a jig that conforms to bend of curved pieces, Buy your replacment plexiglass and a heat strip. Use the heat strip to strighten out the old curved plexiglass pieces and use them and old stright piece as patterns to cut new plexiglass. Use heat strip and jig you made to bend new pieces and install. This is not a hard project and will save $$$. Good luck Bob