Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Caulks almost dry...

I highly recommend retirement. Lazing away on the fantail enjoying the yachting lifestyle. I celebrated my 400th LB of ice from the discarded U-LINE with a bottle of Johnny Walker Red Label. Ahh !
    So in between scotch OTRs I layed on 4 coats of varnish on ALL the handrails, prepped the broken one for a repair, thought I'd touch up some paint and caulk on the master escape hatch (right!) and re-wire the cockpit bilge pump switch.
    I did manage to pull some retired wiring out while I was in there... a hundred foot run across the water tank in the master, around the bunks, under the floor, through the transom, across to the other side and it ended uo a foot away from where it started. I only had to destroy 4 clamps this time. ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 07-29-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Re: Caulks almost dry...

The beautiful teak is renewing my enthusiasm. Ive already gotten several compliments on it. ws

Working my way back, a little oxalic acid in the sun and 3 coats of thinned varnish on my way out the door... ws

Dont let the hatch slam you in the head on yer way out the door!! ws

... and now mr. wizard... what are these yellow things? As near as I can figure they are some sort of ballasts for the cockpit fluorescent lighting(?). ws

WOW! You're doing an AMAZING job there Bill! Simply fantastic. It must be so much easier to plan and execute projects on Hatt Trick from so close to home as opposed to New Orleans, Mobile, Iuka (sp?), etc. We are all terribly proud of you and admire your tenacity and ability. Keep up the great work old friend!

Heres a few pics of the dungeon (cockpit) shows mufflers 3 & 4, generator exhaust thru-hull and back of original transom after glass job from extension (needs cleaning and paint, of course!). All in all, pretty darn solid. I do need to upgrade the vents in back... really damp and dank down there. After a whole day in there, I really do enjoy that Hatteras shower in the master with that nice new hot water heater. YUMM !
    I need to go fix a JWRL & ice !! ws

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    WOW! You're doing an AMAZING job there Bill! Simply fantastic. It must be so much easier to plan and execute projects on Hatt Trick from so close to home as opposed to New Orleans, Mobile, Iuka (sp?), etc. We are all terribly proud of you and admire your tenacity and ability. Keep up the great work old friend!
    Thanks a million BB !! If I could only get the BL to bank roll this one, I'd be home free! LOL. How'd that old YF do on the gulf stream? I used to make that trip on PawPaws yacht with his captain, bound for Bimini for Christmas. Man, those were the days! The Cap was from Boston, and he'd always have the mate whip us up some " groupa' chowda' " for lunch.
    Paint job finished yet? Say hi to that ambulance guy at Seabrook next time yer there. Around October, I'm driving down to help you pull them stanchions outa the weeds. I give you my Hatt units when I pull them off !! ws

You need to submit your restoration to Classic Yacht magazine!

I tried... but it seems like ol' Bill Price (?) would rather show stuff like wine glasses and flower vases on those teak / particle board tables! Maybe one day I'll do a picture book ( of course ) about yacht restoration with lots of pics. This job now has a photo archive of around 2000 ! ws