Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Fiamm Air Horns Needed

Wow, thanks Dave, you got me wondering again what could possibly be wrong with the horns, I have one here with me so I took it down to our local garage and used his air compressor, she blew proud :-) I guess my little garage compresor just was too wimpy. Thanks Again !!! Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Akyla View Post
    There was no spring behind the diaphrams in my horns, only the thin copper diaphram, which was torn through. I used a piece of plastic packaging material that was about the same thickness and cut it out the same size and the horn blats just fine... You must turn the trumpet in and out to find the sweet spot where it all vibrates and then tune it to the right tone. Hard to do alone as you need a horn button pusher and a trumpet tuner.

If you are going to replace the newly chromed fiamms, let me know as I'll take them...

Rick
    1973 38 FBDC
    rswirtz@hotmail.com

2. Re: Fiamm Air Horns Needed

Dang, Looks like newly chromed trumpets are not in my future...

Glad they are working. Maybe I will chrome mine for the like new look in the fall.

Re: Fiamm Air Horns Needed

You need a lot of air to move those, preferably hot air. This is why certain individuals' horns work so well.