Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any pilots?

Hybrid View

Re: Any pilots?

I read this thread from end to end and it is true that pilots also generally like big boats too. I have a lifetime friend that is ATP 10K hours and I think 6 type ratings who owns a 49 Grand Banks.

Me....ATP S&MEL Commercial Helicopter 17K hours 10 type ratings still working in this crazy business!

Mostly charter and corporate have flown for most of the rich and famous. Was hired by US Air for one day (now thats a story).

Bob Hopes personal pilot for 2 years (731 Jetstar)

Flew "the Donald" during his BK when they took away the 72

2 approaches to minimums to the "checkerboard" in Hong Kong (you tube it)

and a bunch more. Air Show pilot for four years, Crop duster in TX, EMS Chief pilot in Helos and fixed wing and the list goes on. The pinnacle of my career is being nominated for the SC aviation hall of fame. I got beat out by a current member of the NTSB....good company.

Jim I have several Dr. friends who are excellent pilots (and Drs.) but their writing is still crummy!

I do not know how I would have survived if I had to get a real job!!!!

CE-500,CL-600,DA-10,20,50,900,G-1159,G-IV,L-1329,LR-JET,N-265 and 70 other aircraft
    LOA in De haviland Venom, Saab Draken, F-86
    Airshow Waiver in Pitts and Decathlon no altitude or maneuver limitation

Did I mention coast to coast solo in a bell 206? WHAT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you enjoyed and made a nice living during the glory days of aviation. Very nice!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Crosswind,

I have flown an F-33C several times. The one Pat Epps owns. He and I used to do shows together.

Remember.....King Nepture,Gravity and Chuck Norris never sleep......They wait!

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I have my private and instrument and own a F33A bonanza
    Please tell me you're not a Dr.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375