Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Battery switch box 32 hatteras

Looking for a battery switch box assembly for a 1983 32 fbsf any help mine is rusted from 24 years in the center bilge area

Re: Battery switch box 32 hatteras

I think they're all like that...mine is. I plan on replacing it soon. But ya know, take off the cover and its clean underneath...the rust is only on the outside of mine.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is on the inside of mine the wires/fuses are very rusty.The bottom of the box is open so wires and battery cables can connect to the battery switches.My boat always has a couple inches of water in the center bilge area. That water over time is the cause of my problem.

If you want to go for a new design check the Blue Sea System website. They have some nice newer design stuff, but if you want original Sam's might have it or access to someone who does.

My center bilge always has water too. I have the same boat. Maybe you could disconnect everything and clean the box up and recondition it as needed? Sometimes a little elbow grease, a wire brush and some wd40 work wonders on stuff like this.

Good Luck!

Jack