Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swim Platform

Swim Platform

I cannot express in words how upset and frustrated I am with Beachcomber Fiberglass Technology, Inc in Stuart Fl. I was recommended to them by Samsmarine for a Swim Platform. They told me they were very busy but If I gave them the deposit they could make it in 4-5 days.
    I asked for a Hatteras Style Platform-$350 extra with Color match $125 extra.Plus the cost of the platform and the Brackets. The brackets were perfect. The Platform was delayed by 5 days (now 10 days total) which I "sort of accepted" since he told me they were "busy". Now the Platform has nothing to do with a Hatteras Style Platform. It was an off the shelf platform to the point we had to modify it for it to fit. I e-mailed them pictures of the 39" hatt in the SM website for them to see what it should look like. Not even close. We got no answer.
    The color match was looked at by 3 painters who laughed at it.
    The boat was out of the water and we had a planned trip, could not send it back.
    Should I get the "Hatt style" money back and the "color match" money back?

I see multiple recommendations by senior members to Beachcomber. I just think we should all know the good and the bad.

Hatt 38/39 1989
    Wellington FL
    Disappointed
    Humberto Porrata
    Last edited by porratah; 06-17-2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo

Re: Swim Platform

I would call and talk with the owner.Avoid the sales guy. Maybe beating a dead horse but theres not too much to lose. If your not satisfied, at least call Sams and tell them. Maybe no more referals will hurt 'em in the pocketbook !! When I make stuff for people, I am my own worst judge. Even if they love it, I point out the mistakes and will fix at my expense if they arent satisfied !! Good luck. ws

Re: Swim Platform

I'm surprised....I had a great experience with them, but that was nearly 7 years ago.

They built mine site unseen from a template. We didn't try color matching though....just went with white.

I would call the owner as well. Unless something has changed, I found them to be very attentive, and proud of the quality of their product.

And they were late for me too.....5 days...HAD to be a salesman....NOTHING happens in boating in 5 days.....
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com