Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Bronze Pipe Nipples

A while ago there was a post from someone saying that they wanted to replace brass pipe nipples on a thru-hull fitting and that they couldn't find any bronze ones. I was wandering through Boater's World a few days ago. Trying to find something that they didn't have (again). When I noticed that they had bronze pipe nipples with a cast-in wrench hex, which is nice if you ever want to disassemble them. Their online catalog shows 1/2" and 3/4" sizes. Whoever it was, I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Avenger; 08-23-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Re: Bronze Pipe Nipples

I got all of my bronze fitting through boatfix. He had access to everything and anything. I won't use anything other than bronze for t-hulls. Even my bolt thrus are siliconized bronze....the best you can buy so you don't have to do it twice.

I just replace all my thru - hull seacocks. I had to order the siliconized bronze bolts ( can't find them locally). For about 24 bolts and nuts (5/16's by 2.5" panhead) cost $72. Some of that was for 2 day shipping, but still expensive.

Benjy

i was one of them.. good info !

Charlie, boatfix has bronze nipples ? good to know too...

I need to replace at least one between the AC seacock and strainer, had to use brass
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat