Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Good Replacements For AC Guages

Hello All There have been a few threads about gauges so I thought I would pass this along

I got tired of the $75 oil pressure senders and the expensive and hard to find original OEM AC guages. I'm replacing with Teleflex (heavy duty line) They are very similiar in look to the AC guages not exact but dam close. You have to replace the senders also but I'm thinking you proubably want to do that anyway. The only one I can't get in this style is the 32V volt gauge they are working so I think I'm just going to leave them alone for now.

Brian

Re: Good Replacements For AC Guages

I replaced my oil pressure guages with the VDO's with the chrome bezel. They look close as well, but you also have to replace the senders.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Brian,

If you have one of your takeout original AC engine coolant temp gauges, I could really use one.

Thanks,

Doug

I have a 58LRC with 671 naturals. Where can I find the correst part numbers to replace the senders and gauges for drive press, oil press, and temp ??? The Teleflex sound good. Are they the same diameter??
    Last edited by mariah; 09-11-2007 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    Hello All There have been a few threads about gauges so I thought I would pass this along

I got tired of the $75 oil pressure senders and the expensive and hard to find original OEM AC guages. I'm replacing with Teleflex (heavy duty line) They are very similiar in look to the AC guages not exact but dam close. You have to replace the senders also but I'm thinking you proubably want to do that anyway. The only one I can't get in this style is the 32V volt gauge they are working so I think I'm just going to leave them alone for now.

Brian
    Hey Brian... as long as youre not obsessed about the orange needles, I just bought 2 new VMs from ISSPRO.com on the left coast for $106 for both.
    You know me, I'd love to post a pic but the box is locked !
    http://www.isspro.com/ ws

Well here goes... ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 09-18-2007 at 07:24 AM.