Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 43dc wipers

43dc wipers

One of my next projects is replacing the wipers on my 73 43dc. Has anyone used the double armed ones to wipe a larger area of the windshield? I supose my question is how much trouble did you have installing them and of course how satisfied are you with them. Thanks, Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

2. Re: 43dc wipers

I had wondered the same thing. I replaced the 3 on my boat but with the same type it had that I got at NAPA.
    We were leaving for Cumberland Island the next day and didn't want to try something like that.
    Besides, "if you stand just right" you can actually see out that "massive area" the small blades clean.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: 43dc wipers

Thats why I posted it as I did. I hate to see all that glass unwiped. I had a 35 henriques with the wipers and loved them, but the space is a little tight on the 43. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Bill,
    My 43 DC has pantograph wipers installed. Probably OEM. They are great.
    Will

I bought a Vetus for the right windshield. Expensive but easy to install and no problems. At the time it was the largest i could buy and had the longest wiper. I think there are many choices now.

Ted