Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel lines

Fuel lines

My fuel lines on my port engine is starting to look crusty. I think I will replace them before I have a problem. they are original copper what are you guys using for lines. Should I install copper again and where would I get it. any thoughts ? I am thinking of using a flexible line however I think I cannot reach an area between the engine room & bulkhead to secure the line. any thoughts
    Thanks

Re: Fuel lines

Nothing is wrong with the flexible line in fact it's CG rated and used on must new vessels. I would look for a way to support the line in the area you cant reach though. Maybe a pipe like a conduit or some other type of protection for it. As for the difference between copper and rubber I like the copper they put in and was looking to replace the old lines on my pearson with copper when I found so many different grades of tubing and fittings.

Home Depot has become the worst moron of the hardware industry. They have a version of almost anything that is cheaper. In price, construction or value. They can special order quality items but they try hard to talk you into the stock items.

I went to my wholesale hose supplier and bought about 100 foot of fuel and vent line and lots of clamps. EVRYTHING needs to be double clamped. Us real hose barbs and fuel rated valves. It's only a bit more in materials cost to get the right stuff and well worth it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: Fuel lines

I Used A1. Never had to worry about over bending and "kinking" a copper tube, passing tubes around tight spaces, etc.. didn't had to deal with special fittings either, barb to hose with 2 SS clamps did it..

Happy as a clam..
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration