Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Posting problem

Posting problem

For some reason, suddenly I cannot access the smilies or any of the font changes, etc available on this site. This just started a couple of days ago. Also, I've had cases of writing a post or reply, hitting "submit" and having the response come back saying I had insufficient characters in my post, and showing my post as totally blank.

Any ideas? I haven't "knowingly" changed any computer settings and two different computers are doing it. I suspect I must have done something somewhere, somehow...

Re: Posting problem

It's a little glitch in the forum software upgrade. They're working on it.

Hey, how'd I do that?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

You mean like this?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Yep, I can't do that anymore by selecting the smilies from the toolbar. In fact I can't select ANYTHING from the toolbar - nothing works at all.

But if I put in the actual typing characters for the smilie, they show up as the object. So what's up with that?

Yeah, you have to do it the old fashioned way right now. Hopefully Doug will have all that stuff up and running soon. I was just trying to mess with you a little and give the impression that my toolbar actually worked--NOT.
    Sky Cheney

There's a lot of stuff that doesn't work. The photo gallery is out, the quick links don't work in the forums. I'm sure Doug has his hands full, I can be patient.

The big problem I'm having with the smilies is trying to remember the ones that require words
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Oh OK - I didn't realize work was being done on the forum. That's fine, I just figured I had screwed something up on the computer or in my settings.

Nice one Sky! I thought what you thought I thought!

Just for info of the site guru's - I can't post anything using Firefox or Camino as a browser. Safari works fine. All of them used to work without any problem.

(Mac user)

firefox works fine for me
    Sky Cheney

Regardless of how long my post is, this is the message I get from the site if I try to post anything using either Firefox or Camino:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

As I said, until last week, Firefox worked fine on the site with both my Mac computers. Firefox/Cam work fine on all other sites.

This was posted with Apple Safari but I prefer FF or Cam in general as a browser.