Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Wanted: one engine temp gauge

Paul,

I called Steve McPhereson and he had the numbers for the Hatteras gauges (the ones with the red pointer needle) but not yours. If it came together with the sender, it must be a single.

Thanks again,

Doug

It is possible to run the single station gauge like a duel station you just have to run a completley different wire from the sender to the gauge on you're helm verses running it off the back of the lower station gauge then up to the bridge useing the same pulse.

Sam's part # 27218

Quote Originally Posted by jlangley View Post
    It is possible to run the single station gauge like a duel station you just have to run a completley different wire from the sender to the gauge on you're helm verses running it off the back of the lower station gauge then up to the bridge useing the same pulse.
    Good info - Thanks! The single station gauge even has the Hatteras special deep orange needle.

Doug

Doug, you might try calling Charles at Tollchester (419-778-1400). They took 4 of those guages out of my 1977 36C, when we repowered in 2005. Looked identical, dual station to OEM Cummins VT-555Ms. Inside helm gauges were nice and clean. Not sure if they toss/save that kind of stuff. Might be worth a try. Also Dr Jim is replacing gauges on Blue Note right now at Slanes. The ones he is taking out have chrome bezels - not sure if his are dual station. Good Luck, Bob K

Quote Originally Posted by the kuz View Post
    Doug, you might try calling Charles at Tollchester (419-778-1400). They took 4 of those guages out of my 1977 36C, when we repowered in 2005. Looked identical, dual station to OEM Cummins VT-555Ms. Inside helm gauges were nice and clean. Not sure if they toss/save that kind of stuff. Might be worth a try. Also Dr Jim is replacing gauges on Blue Note right now at Slanes. The ones he is taking out have chrome bezels - not sure if his are dual station. Good Luck, Bob K
    Bob,

I did. They didn't keep them. Jim R. suggested I call Tom Slane next.

Thanks,

Doug

Did you ever find a temp gauge? What did you finally do? I am also looking to replace the oil pressure and water temp gauges/sending units on my 1980 43 DC with 6-71 TI's. For one engine, neither gauge works at the upper station and only the water temperature works at the lower station. Any tips on locating the originals would be appreciated.

Ron

Ron,

I didn't find one yet. See the post by Brian below. Maybe I can get one there.

Doug

Try this link to an AC water temp
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Water-Temperatur...QQcmdZViewItem

Dustoff,

Thanks for the try. That's a mechanical single staation gauge. I need a dual station electrical sender gauge.

Doug