Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wanted: one engine temp gauge

I need one original type engine temp gauge for 1978 53MY with 8V71TIs and dual helm gauge readouts. One gauge works fine, the other doesn't. SAMs can't get them anymore and I'd like to keep the original type gauges. Looks like picture below.

e-mail me at dshumans@gmail.com

Thanks much,

Doug Shuman
    Last edited by Nonchalant1; 12-29-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Re: Wanted: one engine temp gauge

Got this from Scrod and I ordered NEW 32 volt voltmeters from them as well. They are beautiful !! ws
    http://www.isspro.com/proddetail.php?prod=R8762

I have one of these new in the box complete with sending unit if interested.

Paul
    240-417-7868
    Last edited by Capten; 02-16-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capten View Post
    I have one of these new in the box complete with sending unit if interested.

Paul
    240-417-7868

Paul,

I installed one of those and it doesn't work with my original sender and second (lower helm) gauge. I thought maybe I can adjust it to work OK but haven't found an adjusting screw yet.

Doug

Just spoke to SAMS reference the same problem. The Stewart-Warner gauges (Part #SW27240) will work with the single wire/dual helm set-up, and look somewhat similar to the original gauges, if you want to change all of your gauges. Will need the S/W sending unit with them (Part #SW27219D). Just a thought...

Thanks,

Yeah... I talked to Sams a long time ago and I know I can replace 4 gauges and 2 sending units to fix one bad gauge and still have them all look alike, but I hate to do that.

Doug

The AC temp gauges are unique in that they are single or dual station GAUGES. The AC temp senders are the same. All other brands use dual or single SENDERS.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    The AC temp gauges are unique in that they are single or dual station GAUGES. The AC temp senders are the same. All other brands use dual or single SENDERS.
    Dave,

Does that mean that maybe the one Paul has (above) would work if it happened to be a dual station gauge? How could I tell if it is?

Thanks,

Doug

If it is a dual station gauge it should be fine. Keep a eye on e bay, Chris Craft and Trojan used AC gauges and I see them on there every so often.

The one I have (above) does come with a sending unit but I would guess that it is for a single station. Does anyone know how to tell for sure?