Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 44 Triple Cabin

Re: 44 Triple Cabin

Reply to DickB,

We installed the holding tank in front of the gen set on the port far left side up against the hull. Seems to work great and still leaves room to get to the gen set and port engine for maintenance.

As to rub rails, they are thru bolted, with the nuts glued in place. To pull the rub rails would be a mistake, in my oppinion. How many of the nuts will fall off with the screws removed with only 37 year old glue holding them in place? We had our aluminum rails Imroned, and soon I will be drilling and tapping them to add a stainless rub strip on the outside of the original aluminum rails. That should protect the paint from the occasional brush with a piling. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Reply to DickB,

We installed the holding tank in front of the gen set on the port far left side up against the hull. Seems to work great and still leaves room to get to the gen set and port engine for maintenance.

Scott, how big a tank did you install? Where did you put the vacuum pumps and accumulators?

4. Re: 44 Triple Cabin

window leaks... Check for them!! I have one I'm fighting over the power panel... ARG think i almost have it...