Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

63 CPMY vs. 67 CPMY

OK, so I'm just a little crazy; and NO I am NOT (repeat NOT) going to go buy one. I will NOT. Honest.

BUT, if I was; which one would it be?

Thoughts?

Re: 63 CPMY vs. 67 CPMY

If my recall is correct, I believe these are quite different boats. The 63 CPMY is a 58MYw/ckpt, whereas the 67 CPMY is a 60MYw/ckpt. I think the 58is a galley down boat (I think they made at least one with a galley up) while the 60 is a newer design galley up boat. Both are great boats, just different. The 67CPMY has a 7' cockpit while the 63CPMY has a 5'cockpit. Naturally the 67 is heavier by 11,000#. As always, so much depends on how many staterooms you need, intended use, casual fishing ability or just access to the water level, etc.

Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

I believe most of the 67 CPMY's were actually galley down?

There were several 60 EDMY's and 67 EDMY's (with cockpit) made with the galley up but most standard 67 CPMY's were galley down.

The "Plan" - IF there was a "Plan" that is - would be to live aboard, and use the CP for SCUBA diving access, tanks and compressor etc in the laz. I'm not a big fisherman, becasue in the SF Bay, we don't "do" a lot of it. However, in the Carribean (where I'd like to be in 10 years or so) that'd be a different story.

So, IF I was to plan ahead, way ahead that is; and IF I was to think about upgrading from the 48MY; and IF I still intended to telecommute (.www access is a wonderful thing) a portion of my time away from the office; and IF I wanted to get a boat that I could use now and work every kink out of during the next ten years or so, would the 63 or the 67 be "better"? As you say, they are different, but as I look at the brochures, not so darn much diffferent.

I guess that's what I'm after... how do they differ substantially? (Yes, I know, by 4 feet; but that's not all that substantial. At least not from the SAMS-Hatteras brochures.) So, what am I missing?