Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cruiseair

cruiseair

I have 2 cruiseair units on my 43dc and while i was running them last night and the unit that heats the back state room started blowing cold air (while set for heat)any idea's? then my second one in the main salon will run for about 10 minutes then trip the breaker. I am only running 30 amps to the control panel and it rated for 50 amps (It's how the dealer had it set up) could this be why i'm tripping the breaker? just bought the boat a couple of months ago so I'm still learning. I did check the impeller and strainer they were both in good working condition.

Thanks Lenz

2. Re: cruiseair

Go to page 2 of the threads and you will see another on cruiseairs. I'm calling my AC guy today to come fix my saloon unit.

I changed my electrical outlet on the boat from 50amp to 30 amp 4 years ago and have had no problem with popping the breaker when both units are running fine.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: cruiseair

Ohch I think i'm sorry I started all this cruisair stuff. Thinking of putting another filter dryer in line along with the one supplied with the new unit, any thoughts on this? I also am running both units on a single dedicated 30 amp line, when they're running right no problem. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Replace your breaker first, breakers can go bad. The 12,000btu only draws something like 13amps while running. Startup is like 22amps, I do not have the specs with me so I could be off a little.......After the breaker you get in to the capacitors and that is tough to dx so you will need hire someone.

The other one that is blowing cold air, start by checking the controls and thermostat. Hopefully it was just a woops because you will need to hire someone to diagnose that one as well. Check the R22 charge, finally, the reversing valve could be stuck so TAP that with a hammer.....
    Last edited by thoward; 05-14-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

It sounds like you need a little R22 in the unit that is not heating. Place it on cool and see if it will cool correct. It takes more R22 to heat than cool. I would have the unit that is making noise drained, evaced and refilled. My one unit was doing the same and it curred the problem. It now runs very quite an 800% better on the cooling. The unit pressures were way off due to contaminates.

BILL