Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Synchronizer Question

Just got back from the first good run of the season after all the winter work I did (New Racor CCV, K&N Filters, Pulled and cleaned both Coolers, Impellers, both props scanned, etc.). I actually gained 3/4 knot at cruise, 18.9 @ 1950. Anyway my question is my Synchronizer engages and appears to work up till about 1100rpm, at that point I pushed the master up to 1950 but the slave engine would only hit about 1500. If I do the throttles manually I can run them up to 1950 and hit my cruise speed. Could this be an electrical problem? any suggestions to check first?

Chris
    Superior Nights 53C

Re: Synchronizer Question

I'm assuming Glendening

I would check all linkages and make sure everything is free and lubricated. There is also a clutch adjustment procedure I believe it's on there website if not I have it and can email it to you.

Brian

Sounds like the Glendinning clutch. Easy adjustment. Check their website or just back the allen screw OUT one half turn. The only other thing that may get in the way is the booster spring setup on the engine. Try the clutch first and then fiddle with the booster spring setup if the clutch setup doen't do it. You should be able to tell at the dock. That too is described on the Glendinning website. Their synchronizers are pretty much bullet proof.

Thanks Guys,
    I will clean and lube first than check clutch. Won't be back on the boat till sat but will report back on results

Chris

Unhappy Re: Synchronizer Question

Well you guys were right, I went to there website and downloaded the manual, cleaned up the Synchronizer, adjusted the clutch (one full turn) and everything is good now. Now all I have to fix is two front panels of my EZ2CY enclosure that last Tuesdays hail storm took out. Almost 100 boats in our marina alone received damage from the storm, most a lot more damage than mine.