Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Brass, bronze, stainless, or plastic?

Look in McMaster-Carr for this. West Marine says they can't find bronze nipples- I suspect they aren't looking hard enough. SS is okay too, but you should use 316, not 304 or 18-8. Brass WILL corrode and fail, sooner or later. As you have found. Probably some brasses are better than others, but how can you tell which piece is made from 'better' brass and which is the cheap stuff? I can't.

You might also try Chesapeake Marine Fasteners here in Annapolis. Sometimes they have bronze pipe goods like that. Jamestown Suppliers may have them also.

2. Re: Brass, bronze, stainless, or plastic?

TH,

Check out this SeaTech site below.

The system is so simple and will work with your existing plumbing, such as the copper tubing.

You order each part to configure your own manifold needs.

The series 35 is what was recommended to us and is the most widely used.

I do not remember the exact prices but it seems to me it was around a C Note for all the parts to build a manifold.

http://www.seatechinc.com/products/n...ifold_inch.asp

Re: Brass, bronze, stainless, or plastic?

That sea tech stuff is slicker than owl sh$%......

Thanks guys!
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

4. Re: Brass, bronze, stainless, or plastic?

The only thing about SeaTech is finding some one who sells it. It can not be bought direct, even by me ( LOL ) and I knew/know the man who started the company about 12 years back.

If this is the way you decide to go TH, and have trouble finding an outlet let me know.

I am not a plumber, but I could draw the plan out. And from that plan, was able to determine which and how many pieces we needed for the manifold.

Best thing.........no tools , other than your hands !!