This coming July the "Admiral" and I will be attending a meeting in Albequergue, N.M. While the meeting will last only three days we are taking a whole week so as to enjoy visiting N.M.

We have this idea that the area aroung Santa FE perhaps has a lot to see and do. What I need advice on is where should we stay and what should we go see. Bear in mind that we are not at all attracted to commercial/touristy type places but enjoy natural history and senic natural areas.

On the lodging issue I would really like to find a western and rustic kind of lodge that's comfortable and, of course, clean. We don't need a palace but we do want to be comfortable in a charming surronding.

Recomendations appreciated.

(Disclaimer: I hope this thread qualifies as an acceptable "Everything Else" item as since the inception of this section of the Forum I have learned many things from the making of the perfect cup of cappachino, rid bees, make the perfect summer cocktail, who not to vote for, who to party with, to.... kill a snake, and what gun to use! Along with a lot of philosophy too).

Now is everyone's opportunity to tell Capt'n Bill where to go!